Permanent Makeup Pre-Care Guide
Counting down the days till your permanent makeup appointment? Here is your official pre-care guide to setting yourself up for the best results possible. But…
Counting down the days till your permanent makeup appointment? Here is your official pre-care guide to setting yourself up for the best results possible. But before we begin, I want to drop a truth bomb…Are you ready? Your body naturally wants to reject any foreign body, INCLUDING that beautiful pigment that we will be artfully placing. EEK, I know. How does this happen? Excessive bleeding and production of lymphatic fluid will carry out pigments and cause poor retention.
Therefore, to protect your investment, there are topical and consumable products, as well as beauty practices that you must discontinue prior to your permanent makeup procedure. By following the pre-care guide, you prevent excessive bleeding and lymphatic fluid and also ensure the skin is not overly sensitized, and in it’s most natural state. So if you want your body to hold and accept your new, dreamy brows, let’s prep!
1 month prior to permanent makeup procedure:
- No botox or fillers near the procedure area less than 4 weeks prior.
- No waxing, or any form of hair removal. We want to keep as much hair as possible! While designing your new brows I want to see your natural growth pattern, and be able to give you the most believable and naturally, full shape.
- Plan trips or events, especially those with a lot of direct sun exposure a minimum of 14 days after the procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. This is because your skin exfoliates from sunburn and will take the pigment with it.
1-2 weeks prior to permanent makeup procedure:
- Discontinue any anti-aging, vitamin A (retin-A / retinol) close to the procedure area at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure. **I recommend not using these products over or around the tattooed area after your cosmetic tattoo. It could cause fading or distortion of colour.
- No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area 1 week prior to procedure.
48 hours prior to permanent makeup procedure:
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E or niacin 48 hours before your procedure.
- Do not take any prescription blood thinners at least 48 hours prior to and after your procedure. Please consult your doctor prior to discontinuing any medication.
24 hours prior to permanent makeup procedure:
- Do not drink any caffeine the day of your procedure. This can be so hard, but believe me, grab some de-caf because it definitely shows up during your procedure and in your healed results!
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before your procedure.
I cannot wait to work with you! Because yes, having beautiful permanent makeup with great healed results is a team effort. And what a team we are, babe (wink wink). See you on the big day!